The rumors that President Uhuru Kenyatta was going to address the nation on Friday (yesterday) worried Kenyans alot.
Many were wondering what he would say, and how it would affect their jobs and social life.
Well Uhuru was live on all local channels and he gave the following directives and measures:
2. No in-person meetings of any kind in the counties of Nairobi, Machakos, Kajiado, Kiambu and Nakuru till further notice.
3. Parliament asked to go on recess as well as the regional Houses mentioned above.
4. Curfew to begin at 8pm and end at 4am in the counties of Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu and Kajiado.
Other counties curfew will go on as currently is, being from 10pm to 4am.
5. Government vacates all curfew passes until a review by the Ministry of Interior is done.
6. In-person worship in Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu, and Kajiado till further notice. Other counties to be allowed in person religious engagements but to adhere to the one third rule of capacity of religious institutions.
7. Bars are suspended from operating in Nairobi, Nakuru, Machakos, Kiambu and Kajiado. Restaurants and eateries in the said counties shall provide takeaway services only and are banned from selling alcohol.
8. Schools, including universities closed. No further in-person learning.
9. All employees of private and government bodies are directed to have employees working from home until further notice, except those where services cannot be provided remotely.
10. All hospitals asked to limit number of visitors to patients to just one per patient.
11. All permitted gatherings to have not more than 50 people. Funerals to be conducted within 72 hours of confirmation of death with just a total of 50 people.Marriage other similar events to have a total of 30 people.
12. Those above 58 to be vaccinated in first phase.
We all know Kenyan love to make a joke out of anything probably to ease the situation or maybe it is a means of coping with any ball thrown at them.
Here are a few memes on the measures above.