Mason in Nairobi's Kilimani area lost his life after falling from the sixth floor of a building that was still under construction.
The construction industry has seen a string of incidents, all of which have prompted requests for workers to be provided with protective equipment.
The victim, 45-year-old Charles Mutuku Muema, was hard at work when he slipped and landed on his head, according to the police and witnesses.
When the event occurred in Wilma Court on Elgeyo Marakwet Road on Monday, November 7, about 5 o'clock, Muema was at work.
Police were called to the scene and processed it before moving the body to the mortuary.
The construction exercise was stopped on a temporary basis as investigators work at the site.
Police say at least two workers die in similar accidents in a week in Nairobi alone.
There has been a campaign to have the workers wear protective gear while at work and officials blame the Nairobi City County and National Construction Authority for the mess.
In Tassia area, five tenants escaped death when a six-storey building which was under construction collapsed.
The ground floor appeared sunken in the Monday afternoon incident.
Meanwhile, an electrician was electrocuted in a house he was working in at Pipeline area, Nairobi.
Police said Clarence Khavesi, 24, was on the rooftop of an apartment throwing internet cable to the adjacent building when it accidentally came into contact with a live power line.
He was rushed to Mama Lucy Kibaki hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Police visited the scene and found an internet cable hanging on the powerline and later called officials from Kenya Power to help remove it.