Henley Passport Index has released the list of the most powerful passports for the year 2023.
According to the new data, Japanese citizens have visa-free or visa-on-demand access to a record 193 destinations worldwide, just ahead of Singapore and South Korea, whose citizens can freely visit 192.
The data was obtained from the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
So, here are the best passports to hold in 2023
- Japan (193 destinations)
- Singapore, South Korea (192 destinations)
- Germany, Spain (190 destinations)
- Finland, Italy, Luxembourg (189 destinations)
- Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden (188 destinations)
- France, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom (187 destinations)
- Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United States, Czech Republic (186 destinations)
- Australia, Canada, Greece, Malta (185 destinations)
- Hungary, Poland (184 destinations)
- Lithuania, Slovakia (183 destinations)
On the other hand, Kenyan passport has retained its position as the eighth most potent on the continent despite falling two places in the worldwide mobility rating to position 73..
The number of countries that Kenyans can visit without a visa, or obtain one on arrival increased to 73 from 72 last January.
Mauritius, which is ranked 34th globally emerged at position one in Africa in the annual rankings produced in cooperation with International Air Transport Association.
Here are the 10 most powerful passports in Africa and how they are ranked globally
South Africa (53)