The death of South African rapper Costa Titch has left many in shock. The musician was reportedly pronounced dead at the venue of the event he was performing at.
He was among the stars who were performing at the Ultra music festival on Saturday, 12 March 2023.
Below are things you did not know about Costa
- Born in 1995, He has died aged 27.
- His real name was Costa Tsobanoglou but he was popularly known by his stage name Costa Titch.
- He was a dancer with New Age Steez dance crew.
- Costa was from Nelspruit, which is a city in northeastern South Africa.
- His father is Greek and his mum South African.
- Rose to fame for his song “Activate,.
- He had done a collabo with the late AKA for the song 'You’re Welcome'.
- In 2022 he was among the stars who performed at the SolFest – a concert organized by Sauti Sol.
- Costa was not dating at the time of his death.
- He has worked with Mbosso and Diamond Platnumz.
- The rapper had recently partnered with a music label started by Senegalese-American musician Akon.
- He died a month after the death of his friend and fellow rapper AKA.
Costa's family confirmed his death.
In a statement to the public, the family said they've been robbed of a son and grandson.
"Death has tragically knocked at our door. Robbing us of our beloved son, brother and grandson, Constantinos Tsobanoglou (28), who South Africa had come to love and idolize under his stage name "Costa Titch" read part of the statement.
It is with deep pain that we find ourselves having to acknowledge his passing at this time. We are thankful for the emergency responders and all those present in his last hours on this earth."
The family also asked fans for space during this difficult time.
"As a family we are faced with a difficult time as we try to make sense of what has befallen us and ask that we be afforded the time and space to gather ourselves. The Tsobanoglou family thanks you for the love and support you have given to our son and may you continue to uplift him even in spirit. Please keep us in your prayers and uplifted in the Lord."
The South African rapper died on Saturday while performing at the Ultra music festival in Johannesburg.