Nairobi Man Arrested

Police are holding a 27-year-old man for allegedly stabbing his wife at her parents’ home in Kipsolu, Kericho County over a marital dispute.

The incident happened on Friday, January 26.

The suspect had traveled from Borborwet to his wife's home to sort out their domestic issues.

The deceased woman identified as Lonah Chepkemoi, 27 had left the suspect’s home to her family after a domestic disagreement.

This forced the suspect to follow the deceased woman to her parent’s home to sort out their domestic issues.

In the process, a quarrel broke out and the man picked a knife and stabbed Chepkemoi on the left lateral side of the neck.

This forced the present to scamper for their safety before regrouping.

She was rushed to Kericho County Referral Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival, police said.

Police visited the scene and found the suspect had been arrested by the area chief and locals.

They managed to recover one blood-stained kitchen knife suspected to have been used by the suspect in the murder.

The officers fired two rounds in the air to disperse the crowd and restore calm as they bayed for his blood.

The woman’s body was preserved at a mortuary awaiting autopsy.

In another case, police in Kiambu County are investigating an incident in which a 24-year-old detainee reportedly died by suicide at Mai-A-Ihii Police Station in Kikuyu.

The deceased's family said their kin was arrested and detained at the said station on Friday night.

When his mother arrived at the station to check on her son on Saturday, she was however informed that he had allegedly taken his own life.

Kikuyu Police Commander Ronald Kirui said police officers who were on duty on the night of the incident had recorded statements over the same.

“The body has since been moved to a nearby mortuary where a post-mortem result will be conducted to determine the deceased's exact cause of death," he said.

He urged all interested parties to remain patient as they conclude investigations into the incident.

Locals had Saturday protested the death and demanded action on those behind the incident.