Woman stabbed to death over cloth hanging lines in Riruta

Two people including a 42-year-old woman were on Tuesday stabbed and killed in separate incidents in Nairobi, police said.

Detectives are yet to make arrests in connection with both incidents, which happened in Riruta and Korogocho slums.

In the Riruta, police said they were looking for a woman who allegedly stabbed another in a quarrel over laundry.

They had quarrelled on where to air their washed clothes at an apartment, police said.

This quarrel would within minutes turn confrontational and tragic. The deceased was identified as Stellah Syokau, 42.

The incident happened on February 27, afternoon.

Security officers say the suspect picked up a kitchen knife and stabbed the deceased in the back. Police visited the scene and recovered the kitchen knife.

The assailant had escaped the scene and efforts to trace her are ongoing, police said.

Police moved the body to the mortuary pending autopsy and other investigations.

Elsewhere, a 54-year-old man was stabbed and killed in an attack by a group of people in Korogocho slums, Nairobi.

The body of Peter Njuguna was found in a pool of blood moments after he had been stabbed in the chest by unknown people.

Witnesses told police the deceased was engaged in a fight with about five people when he was stabbed and killed.

The motive for the incident was not immediately established. Police say the attackers escaped the scene before Njuguna’s body was discovered.

The body had a deep stab on the left shoulder and was moved to the mortuary pending autopsy and further probe.

Meanwhile, a guard died after complaining of breathing difficulties in Uhuru estate, Nairobi on Wednesday.

The deceased was identified as Boniface Mutua Zangi, 53.

The cause of the incident is yet to be known.

The body was moved to the mortuary pending autopsy to establish the cause of the death, police said.

Finally, a 23-year-old welder was on Wednesday found dead in a workshop after suspected electrocution along Isiolo Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi.

Police said a fellow welder at the workshop who had stepped out came back and found the body of Andrew Mutuora sprawled on the floor.

He rushed and disconnected the power connection into the workshop and took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police visited the scene and the body had bruises on both hands, neck and elbows as signs of struggle.

The body was moved to the mortuary pending further probe and autopsy.