First here are the highlights from Sundays event.
- Cardi, 26, made history as she became the first ever solo woman to take home Best Rap Album for Invasion Of Privacy at the gala event held in Staples Center in Los Angeles. Cardi B was the first ever solo woman to earn Best Rap Album for Invasion of privacy
- Kacey Musgraves won the biggest award of the night: Album Of The Year en route to earning four total
- Lady Gaga got emotional as she earned Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for Shallow
- Dua Lipa won the Best New Artist award and was very emotional during her speech
- Childish Gambino earned Record Of The Year for This Is America but was not in attendance
- Dua Lipa was announced as Best New Artist
- Drake took home Best Rap Song over Travis Scott for God’s Plan
- Kacey Musgraves earned Best Country Album for Golden Hour
- H.E.R. won Best R&B Album
The 26-year-old rapper was accompanied by on/off husband Offset and four other handlers on the red carpet of the 2019 Grammy Awards on Sunday, held at the Los Angeles Staples Center.
The rapper – whose real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar- looked absolutely stunning in the eccentric oyster and pearls vintage outfit by French designer Thierry Mugler from 1995.
The mother-of-one stunned in a bustier bodysuit, ruffled fanned-out black skirt with pink satin lining.
Cardi completed the look with layered pearl necklaces and matching beehive headpiece.
Pink and black smokey eye makeup dovetailed perfectly with the outfit’s color palette.
Joining the Bodak Yellow hitmaker on the red carpet was her estranged husband, Offset.
The Migos star and Cardi put on an unfiltered display of affection, with both parents of six-month-old baby girl Kulture poking out their tongues and touching the tips together.
In a recent Harper’s Bazaar interview, the Bronx-born beauty spoke of her resistance to healing her broken marriage following cheating allegations against Offset.
‘I decided on my own,’ she said of leaving her husband. ‘Nobody makes my decisions about my life but me. I didn’t want to go to marriage counseling. He suggested it, but it’s like, ‘I don’t want to go.’ There’s no counselor or nothing that could make me change my mind.’
However, the red carpet display and the fact the pair were seen together during the Big Game Weekend Party in Atlanta, Georgia last weekend suggests a reconciliation may be on the cards.