Jennifer Hudson’s ex David Otunga will not be charged for an alleged domestic violence incident.
According to TMZ, the former wrestler was cleared by police in Burr Ridge, Illinois on Thursday.
The episode in question occurred back in November.
The 36-year-old Dreamgirls star had alleged that David had gotten angry, grabbed their eight-year-old son David by the hand and roughly pushed her out of their master bedroom.
Jennifer had gone so far as to get a temporary restraining order due to the incident, though she dropped it two weeks later.
A source told People at the time that dropping the order of protection ‘wasn’t a victory for David [Sr.], Jennifer dropped the order so they could remove the matter from the courtroom and work together to do what is best for their child.’
Unfortunately it seems the holiday season did nothing to encourage a truce between Jennifer and David.
The Spotlight singer’s ex fiance said that he wanted her to be found in contempt of court in early December.
He filed an emergency petition on December 11, in which he claimed she had damaged his reputation and made creating negative press about him her priority, rather than protecting their eight-year-old son, David Jr.
In the documents, David claimed Jennifer issued an exclusive statement to People magazine about their split, saying her actions were ‘solely taken in the best interest of their son’, at the same time he was being served with an emergency order of protection.
He alleged the statement damaged his reputation and at the time it was released, he was being forcibly removed from their home in front of their son, and Jennifer wasn’t even there.
He was seeking to have Jennifer found in civil contempt of court and sanctioned for her actions.
Meanwhile, Jennifer has been keeping quite busy, and will next appear in the drama Monster, which is scheduled to hit theaters on January 22.
She of course is also having a ball serving as a judge on the UK’s version of The Voice.
Read more: dailymail.