President Uhuru Kenyatta has finally spoken and he has assured Kenyans of their safety. The operation at 14 Riverside Drive is over and 14 lives were lost during the attack
Addressing the nation on Wednesday, Uhuru said the security operation ended at about 9.30am.
the security operation at Dusit is over and all the terrorists have been eliminated. As of this moment, we have confirmed that 14 innocent lives were lost with others injured
Uhuru said Kenya is grieving, adding that his heart goes out to innocent women and men violated by the senseless violence.
We wish the injured quick recovery. We are a country governed by laws and rules. We believe in these principles even in the face of adversity
He said that Kenya will seek out every person involved in the funding, planning and execution of the heinous attack, adding that they will pursue them relentlessly.
“Multiple security efforts are underway to disrupt and defeat any terrorist attack. We are on high alert and shall remain so,” he said.
“All visitors and Kenyans are safe in Kenya.”
Uhuru commended the fighting teams for neutralizing the attackers and those Kenyans who helped in the process.
We have dealt with the threat and showed the world that we are ready to deal with any threat to our nation. I commend the civilians who look out for one another
He said they will not allow anyone to frustrate Kenyan’s efforts to bring security to Kenya.
“We have prevailed and shall always prevail, let us go back to work and continue with the task of building our nation,” he said.
Earlier, a police boss told the media that all attackers at the 14 Riverside drive had been killed.
According to the official, there were five gunmen killed by Recce Squad and the suicide bomber who blew himself up during the Tuesday blast.