Rap fans are mourning the death of Migos rapper Takeoff who was a part of the trio named Migos.
Migos' is another term for an abandoned house that is used as a trap house for drugs to be made and sold. The trio said their trap music is based on what they've witnessed growing up.
All the Migos are related. Quavo is Offset’s cousin, and Takeoff was Quavo’s nephew.
Quavo's full name was Quavious Keyate Marshall, Offset's is Kiari Kendrell Cephus and Takeoff's was Kirshnik Khari Ball.
Takeoff got shot at a private event in South Houston over what witnesses said was a dice game gone wrong.
Takeoff lost his life after sustaining wounds from a gunshot.
Quavo supposedly hooked up with a few of his friends on the Northside of Houston in the greater Fifth Ward. Hours later, the pair and their friends headed in town to South Houston for a private gathering to celebrate the birthday of Jas Prince, son of Mr. J. Prince.
However, after leaving the party, an altercation happened, which resulted in Takeoff losing his life.
Several sources are reporting he was shot over a dice game gone wrong.
Here is what you need to know about Takeoff:
1. His real name was Kirshnik Khari Ball.
2. He was 28.
3. He was the quiet member of the group Migos.
4. He was born in Lawrenceville, which is in Gwinnett County of Georgia, U.S.
5. Quavo is his uncle and Offset is his first cousin once removed.
6. Takeoff began rapping in 2008.
7. Born 18 June 1994.
8. He was accused of rape at a house party in La in a civil suit in 2020. The suit, filed anonymously by the female victim, alleges that Takeoff, whose real name is Kirshnik Khari Ball, pursued and raped the woman at an L.A. party in June. Claims in the suit include sexual battery, assault, false imprisonment, gender violence and interference with civil rights.