President Yoweri Museveni's son, General Muhoozi Kainerugaba is trending in Kenya after his remarks warning his army can take over Nairobi in two weeks.
Muhoozi made the remarks on Twitter on Monday October 3 in a series of controversial tweets. warning he would only need two weeks with his army to capture Kenya's capital, Nairobi.
He started by blaming retired President Uhuru Kenyatta, whom he refers to as his “big brother”, for not contesting for a third term in the August 2022 polls, adding the retired president could have easily won the election.
"My only problem with my big brother is that he did not stand for a third term. We would have won easily," he wrote on Twitter.
He suggested Mr Kenyatta, who handed over power to President William Ruto on September 13, 2022, should have changed the constitution to remain in power.
"Haha! I love my Kenyan relatives. Constitution? Rule of law? You must be joking! For us (Uganda), there is only the Revolution and you will soon learn about it!"
Muhoozi sensationally claimed he needs a fortnight to topple President Ruto's government.
“It wouldn't take us, my army and me, 2 weeks to capture Nairobi,”
He went on: "I'm happy that members of our district in Kenya, have responded enthusiastically to my tweet. It's still 2 weeks to Nairobi! After our army captures Nairobi, where should I live? Westlands? Riverside?"
Here are facts to know about him;
1. He is the firstborn and only son to Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
2. He is 48 years old.
3. He has three other siblings, all sisters.
4. He is married to Charlotte Nankunda Kutesa and they have three childre together.
5. He is an accomplished writer authoring the book, Battles of the Ugandan Resistance: A Tradition of Maneuver.
6. Muhoozi serves as the commander of the land forces of the Uganda People Defence Forces (UPDF).
7. He is very controversial online, especially on Twitter, freely discussing security and political matters.
8. Muhoozi regards himself as very diplomatic, settling country disputes and credited himself for brokering a deal between Uganda and Rwanda following frosty relationship over the last two years.
9. Apart from his military role, also serves as a senior presidential advisor for Special Operations.