Crime Scene

A police team is chasing after a truck that hit and fatally injured well-known Kenyan Tiktoker Brian Chira Wambui. Chira lost his life in a hit-and-run incident in Karuri, Kiambu County.

According to police, the accident occurred on the Ndenderu-Ruaka Road in Kiambu County around 3 am on Saturday.

The white speeding lorry that struck the influential social media personality did not stop at the scene.

Authorities intend to perform an autopsy on the body as part of the investigation into the accident before proceeding with further steps in the case.

They will also visit places Chira had been before the accident happened.

Police are also investigating claims Chira may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident in Gacharage area.

Kiambaa sub-county police commander Pius Mwanthi said they are yet to find the lorry that is said to have hit Chira.

“The accident happened in the night and for now efforts are ongoing to get the vehicle behind the same. No arrest has been made so far,” he said.

He added a team will review surveillance cameras near the scene and along the road as part of efforts to identify the canter.

“The driver behind this should also come forward and report the matter to help in the probe,” he said.

Chira was being taken home by his friend on a motorbike when the tragedy happened.

The friend bumped into Chira outside a club in the area after he had been thrown out by security guards for allegedly causing chaos at the entertainment joint.

Witnesses claimed he was drunk and unruly. By then the management was planning to close the club and Chira was alone.

A friend who knew Chira offered to carry him to his house in the area.

On reaching the Gacharage roundabout, Chira is said to have alighted the motorbike and then ran to the main road where he was knocked down by the speeding lorry and died on the spot.

According to the rider, him and the deceased passed the service lane towards Ruaka but headed towards Ndenderu on the wrong side and on reaching the location of the accident, Chira alighted and ran to the main road.

The rider followed him for he was drunk and before he could reach him, he was hit by a white canter, which did not stop.

His body was taken to the City Mortuary pending an autopsy.

Some of his family members and friends visited the mortuary and identified the body whose head was badly injured.

They appealed to well-wishers to help raise funds to enable his burial.