Emotional Anerlisa recounts Tecra's sad last months

Tecra died on May 2, 2020 at a Nairobi hospital while undergoing treatment.

Anerlisa Muigai with her late sister Tecra.
Image: Instagram

Anerlisa Muigai and her mom Tabitha Karanja have spoken about how their late kin, Tecra Muigai changed months before her untimely death.

The family shared their story in the new local investigative series, ‘The Last Door’ by John Allan Namu which premiered last night on DSTV.

Mum Tabitha Karanja and sister Anerlisa Muigai said that Tecra suddenly withdrew from her family socially.


She also barely communicated and made numerous trips outside Nairobi, spending too much money.

Anerlisa said at one time during an event at her house, she broke down after seeing how unkempt Tecra had become.

"I couldn't believe she was my sister. This is when she had started dating that man."


Anerlisa added that Tecra took her upstairs and showed her a large burn wound that had been allegedly caused by Omar Lali using a hot iron box.

Tecra's mum Tabitha Karanja says she did not want to believe her daughter was in love with Omar Lali.

"I kept praying about this, it troubled me a lot because I saw my child turn into someone I didn't know. I talked to God because I feared losing my child," she said.

Tecra's housekeeper revealed how Omar Lali used to sneak in one of his baby mamas into Tecra's mansion as she left for work.

"Alikua analeta hapa uyo mwanamke wakati Tecra ametoka anaenda kazi, alafu anatoka majioni jioni madam akiwa karibu kurudi, walikua wanaenda mpaka kwa room uko."

Before her trip to Lamu (that turned fatal), Tecra was to establish a multi-million coffee business.

A business partner says just days before they could action the plan, Tecra travelled to Lamu, a trip that turned fatal.

Omar Lali for his part insisted that he truly loved Tecra and her family and that her death was an accident that happened as he slept and he do not have a hand in it.

"Nilipokua nimelala nikaskia tu sauti, followed by one shout, and then silence took over. Waking up, I did not find Tecra in our room, only to find her lying unconscious downstairs," he said.

Tecra died on May 2 2020 at a Nairobi hospital while undergoing treatment. The case is still ongoing.